SCFHP is launching a new Prenatal Program to help you have a healthy pregnancy. We'll reward you for going to important doctor's appointments throughout your pregnancy. We also have free classes and resources to support you at every stage.
Your prenatal doctor visits are key to a healthy pregnancy. At these visits, you can:
- Ask questions
- Learn about healthy eating
- Find out how your baby is growing and developing.
Your baby is counting on you!
To encourage you to see your doctor, we will give you:
- A $30 Target gift card for seeing your doctor in your first trimester. If you are past your first trimester, you are not eligible for this gift.
- A car seat for seeing your doctor in your second trimester. You must complete a car seat safety class to receive the car seat.
- A sleep pod for safe co-sleeping with your baby for seeing your doctor in your third trimester.
If you are an SCFHP Medi-Cal member and expecting a baby, sign up for the Prenatal Program today! Download and complete the form below, print it, and return it to us. Our mailing address is:
ATTN: Health Education Department
Santa Clara Family Health Plan
PO Box 18880
San Jose, CA 95158
Call your doctor to schedule your next prenatal visit. If you need help finding a doctor, visit https://www.scfhp.com/for-members/find-a-doctor or call Customer Service at 1-800-260-2055. Our Customer Service representatives are available 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. For TTY/TDD users, please call 1-800-735-2929 or 711. The call is free.
Additional Pregnancy-related Resources
First 5 Santa Clara County supports the healthy development of children through age 5 and offers programs and resources for early learning, health, and family support. First 5 Resource Centers offer free programs, services, and activities for families with children, from birth through age 5.
- Get free texts from Text4baby to help you through your pregnancy and your baby's first year.
If you text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411, you will get free text messages three times a week. Texts are timed to your due date or your baby's birth date, through pregnancy and up until the baby's first birthday. Visit www.text4baby.org for more information.
- Get nutrition education, breastfeeding support, vouchers for healthy foods, and referrals to healthcare and other community services from the Santa Clara County WIC (Women, Infants & Children) Program.
WIC is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, mothers of infants, infants, and young children eat well, be active, and stay healthy. For more information, call Santa Clara County WIC at 1-408-792-5101.