If you are an adult Medi-Cal member, your dental benefits will change on January 1, 2018.
Services available to you now include:
- Exams and X-rays
- Cleanings (prophylaxis)
- Fluoride treatments
- Root canals in front teeth
- Prefabricated crowns
- Full dentures
- Other medically necessary dental services
Added services starting on Jan. 1 include:
- More types of exams
- Deep cleanings (scaling and root planing)
- Laboratory crowns
- Partial dentures
- Root canals in back teeth
- Medically necessary dental services can go over the yearly $1800 limit.
Dental benefits will not change for the following members:
- Pregnant women
- Adults in skilled nursing or intermediate care facility
Questions? Call Denti-Cal at 1-800-322-6384.