At Santa Clara Family Health Plan, we provide access to healthcare services for people who live in Santa Clara County. That includes affordable health insurance coverage through Medi-Cal.
Did you know you can change your Medi-Cal Plan at any time?
Call Health Care Options toll-free at 1-800-430-4263 to make that change.
Your new coverage will take effect on the first of the following month.
What is Medi-Cal?
Medi-Cal is California’s Medicaid program for people with limited income and resources. It provides health insurance options to low-income single adults, kids, families, seniors, and people with disabilities. Medi-Cal eligibility is based mainly on your income, and in some cases, your property.
With the Santa Clara Family Health Plan Medi-Cal Plan, you get:
- Care when you need it - we rank third in the state for timely access to care among the 19 Medi-Cal health plans*
- Doctor visits – 700+ primary care doctors and 3,500+ specialists
- Dental care – through Denti-Cal
- Eye exams
- Preventive care and vaccines
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Emergency services
- Hospital stays – we contract with all hospitals in Santa Clara County!
- Prescription drugs
- Lab and X-ray services
- Health education
- Family planning
- OB/GYN services and pregnancy care
- Behavioral health services (for mental health and substance abuse)
- Long-term services and support
* Timely Access Report, Measurement Year 2019, prepared by the Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC), published in December 2020.
Why choose Santa Clara Family Health Plan for Medi-Cal?
It’s easy to stay healthy when you choose Santa Clara Family Health Plan. We provide medical, behavioral health, and vision benefits, as well as long-term care and other supportive services. Our Medi-Cal plan puts your health needs first in every way, so you can rest easy knowing we’ve got you covered. As your neighbors, we are here to lead the way to better health for you and your family.
Three Easy Steps to Enroll in Santa Clara Family Health Plan’s Medi-Cal Plan
If you qualify for Medi-Cal benefits, you can enroll at any time. Follow these steps to apply for Medi-Cal and enroll in Santa Clara Family Health Plan:
Apply for Medi-Cal benefits
There are several ways to apply for Medi-Cal:
- Through Covered California
- Through MyBenefits CalWIN
- Through an eligibility and enrollment specialist at Santa Clara County Social Services
Visit our Medi-Cal FAQs for information about Medi-Cal and eligibility requirements.
Watch for more information by mail
Once your application is processed, you will receive a letter stating whether or not you qualify for Medi-Cal. If you do qualify, you will receive a Medi-Cal benefits identification card and an Enrollment Choice Form to help you choose your health plan.
Choose Santa Clara Family Health Plan
When you are enrolling, be sure to choose Santa Clara Family Health Plan as your health plan on your Medi-Cal Choice Form. Once we confirm your enrollment, we will mail you a welcome packet.
If you have questions or need additional assistance, contact us today! Our local Customer Service team is here to help answer your questions and give you the information you need.