A fitness benefit is offered to Santa Clara Family Health Plan Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) (SCFHP Cal MediConnect) members to encourage an active lifestyle and improve their quality of life. SCFHP Cal MediConnect members have the following choices available at no cost:
- The Fitness Center Program: You have access to 16,000+ participating Silver&Fit fitness centers or exercise centers near you.*
- The Home Fitness Program: If you cannot get to a fitness center or want to work out at home you can receive up to 2 Home Kits and one (1) Stay Fit kit per benefit year.
- The Healthy Aging Coaching Program: You can access weekly one-on-one Healthy Aging Coaching sessions by phone at no additional cost.
*Non-standard services that call for an added fee are not part of the Silver&Fit program and will not be reimbursed.
For more information, see the Silver&Fit flyer in your language:
Talk to your doctor before you start or change your exercise routine.
The Silver&Fit program is open to all SCFHP Cal MediConnect members.
The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty health Incorporated (ASH). Silver&Fit is a federally registered trademark of ASH and use with permission herein.
The following services are not offered:
- Services or supplies provided by any person, company, or provider other than a Silver&Fit participating fitness center
- All education materials other than those produced for the Silver&Fit program by American Specialty Health Incorporated
- Telecommunications devices, telephone handset amplifiers, television recorders, and telephones compatible with hearing aids
- Program services or products for individuals other than the Silver&Fit member
- Prescription drugs, over-the-counter products, dietary supplements, herbal supplements, vitamins, minerals, weight control or tobacco cessation products, meal-replacement beverages or powders, or any other type of food or food product, whether or not it is recommended, prescribed, or supplied by a health care provider, fitness center, or program
- All listening devices including, but not limited to, audiotape and CD players
- Services for members with serious medical conditions for which Silver&Fit services are not appropriate
- Fitness devices and applications that require a fee are not reimbursed by the Silver&Fit program