The Silver&Fit® program is offered to SCFHP Cal MediConnect members to encourage an active lifestyle and improve their quality of life. Members can enroll in one of two options at no cost*:
- Membership to a fitness center or exercise center
Go to www.silverandfit.com to search for a participating fitness center or exercise center near you. Check with the fitness center to find out if accommodations can be provided if you need assistance. *Fitness centers that offer classes may require a fee.
- Home Fitness program
If you cannot get to a fitness center or want to be active in the comfort of your own home, you can choose to participate in the Home Fitness program. Select up to two (2) home fitness kits each benefit year. Home fitness kits include FitBit® Connected!, Cardio & Strength, Tai Chi, Stress Management and more. See the flyer for more information on the Home Fitness program.
How to Enroll:
- Sign up at www.silverandfit.com.
- Call Silver&Fit Customer Service toll-free 1-877-427-4788 (TTY/TDD: 711), Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time.
If you are currently enrolled in a Silver&Fit membership to a fitness center or exercise center and it has closed because of COVID-19, the Silver&Fit program is offering a temporary Stay Active at Home Program. The program offers members their choice of Fitbit® or Garmin® device to help you keep active at home until you can return to your fitness center.** Log in to www.silverandfit.com and or call Silver&Fit Customer Service 1-877-427-4788 (TTY/TDD: 711), Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time for more information.
Talk to your doctor before you start or change your exercise routine.
The Silver&Fit program is to open to all SCFHP Cal MediConnect members.
**At-home exercise offerings available through June 30, 2020 to encourage the use of safe, at-home exercise programs for Medicare members during the COVID-19 pandemic. Limited to one offering per member.
The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty health Incorporated (ASH). Silver&Fit is a federally registered trademark of ASH and use with permission herein.
Exclusions and Limitations:
The following services are not offered:
- Services or supplies provided by any person, company, or provider other than a Silver&Fit participating fitness center
- All education materials other than those produced for the Silver&Fit program by American Specialty Health Incorporated
- Telecommunications devices, telephone handset amplifiers, television recorders, and telephones compatible with hearing aids
- Program services or products for individuals other than the Silver&Fit member
- Prescription drugs, over-the-counter products, dietary supplements, herbal supplements, vitamins, minerals, weight control or tobacco cessation products, meal-replacement beverages or powders, or any other type of food or food product, whether or not it is recommended, prescribed, or supplied by a health care provider, fitness center, or program
- All listening devices including, but not limited to, audiotape and CD players
- Services for members with serious medical conditions for which Silver&Fit services are not appropriate
- Fitness devices and applications that require a fee are not reimbursed by the Silver&Fit program