If you have both Medicare and Medi-Cal, you have a health plan option called Cal MediConnect. As a member of Santa Clara Family Health Plan Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) (SCFHP Cal MediConnect) you get:
- Convenient access to your health plan information in our member portal, mySCFHP. Sign up today!
- All of your Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits in one health plan, including access to doctors, hospitals, and prescription drugs.
- One membership card and one phone number to call to get help.
- Behavioral health care, durable medical equipment, vision care, fitness benefit, and transportation to medical appointments.
- A 24-hour Nurse Advice Line for help with non-emergency care.
- Long-term services and supports (LTSS), including Community-Based Adult Services (CBAS), Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP), and Nursing Facilities (NF).
- A case manager and a care team. Your case manager can answer your questions, help you find community services, assist you in making your medical appointments, and help you talk to your doctors and other providers.
- An individual care plan (ICP) created to help you reach your health goals.
Frequently asked questions
Most people with full Medicare (Part A and Part B) and full Medi-Cal benefits can join. You can tell if you have Medicare and/or Medi-Cal by the type of cards you have:
Your Medicare Card
- or -
Your Medi-Cal Card
With Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP) Cal MediConnect, your benefits and services work better together:
- One plan
- One member ID card
- One phone number to call for help
Most importantly, you can get help from a case manager to coordinate your care, especially during transitions—like when you leave the hospital. Your case manager can help you:
- Understand your health plan benefits
- Find doctors and specialists within your network
- Choose or change a doctor
- Get authorizations for care, equipment, or supplies
- Get long-term services and supports and help from other community resources
- Arrange transportation to your medical appointments
- Schedule health screenings
The Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) gives free health insurance counseling to people with Medicare. HICAP counselors can answer your questions and help you understand what to do to handle your problem. HICAP has trained counselors in every county, and services are free.
HICAP is not connected with any insurance company or health plan.
Call: 1-408-350-3200 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3100 De La Cruz Blvd, Suite 310
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Contact HICAP for questions about SCFHP Cal MediConnect or other Medicare questions. HICAP counselors can answer your questions about changing to a new plan and help you:
- Understand your rights
- Understand your plan choices
- Make complaints about your health care or treatment
- Straighten out problems with your bills
You must live in Santa Clara County to enroll in SCFHP Cal MediConnect. And you must continue living in Santa Clara County to stay a member of the plan.
To reach SCFHP Cal MediConnect Customer Service:
Call toll free: 1-877-723-4795 (TTY: 711)
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
We have free interpreter services for people who do not speak English.
Attn: Customer Service Department
Santa Clara Family Health Plan
PO Box 18880
San Jose, CA 95158
Santa Clara Family Health Plan
6201 San Ignacio Ave
San Jose, CA 95119
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people 65 years of age or older, some people under age 65 with certain disabilities, and people with end-stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant).
The federal agency in charge of Medicare is the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, or CMS.
To contact Medicare:
Call: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
TTY: 1-877-486-2048. This number is for people who have hearing or speaking problems. You must have special telephone equipment to call it.
Your call is free.
This is the official website for Medicare. It gives you up-to-date information about Medicare.
Call SCFHP Case Management at 1-877-590-8999 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This call is free.
As a SCFHP Cal MediConnect member, you have access to classes and programs to help you manage your health. Health Education services are designed to support our members in living healthier lives. All classes and programs are provided at no cost to SCFHP Cal MediConnect members. Topics include:
- Chronic disease management (for asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Counseling and support services
- Nutrition and weight management
- Prenatal education
- Sexual health
- Smoking cessation
Please visit our Health Education page to see our list of classes and programs. For more information or to sign up for a class, call SCFHP Cal MediConnect Customer Service and ask for Health Education at 1-877-723-4795 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Or login to the mySCFHP member portal.
This notice describes how your medical information may be used and disclosed. This notice also describes how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
If you have questions, please contact SCFHP Cal MediConnect Customer Service at 1-877-723-4795 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You can ask for published materials for free in other formats, such as large print, Braille, or audio. Call Customer Service for help.
If you speak a language other than English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call SCFHP Cal MediConnect Customer Service at 1-877-723-4795 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The call is free.