A fitness benefit is offered to Santa Clara Family Health Plan Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) (SCFHP Cal MediConnect Plan) members at no cost to encourage an active lifestyle and improve their overall quality of life. SCFHP Cal MediConnect Plan members have access to the following programs at no cost.
- Silver&Fit® Healthy Aging and Exercise Program includes access to:
- The Get Started Program: By answering a few online questions about your areas of interest, you will receive a customized program for your exercise of choice, including instructions on how to get started and suggested online workout videos.
- 8,000+ on-demand videos through the website and mobile app digital library, including the Silver&Fit Signature Series Classes®.
- Fitness Center Membership: Visit fitness centers that take part in the program. Participating fitness centers may offer low-impact classes focused on improving and increasing muscular strength and endurance, mobility, flexibility, range of motion, balance, agility, and coordination.*
- Home Fitness Kits: You are eligible to receive one home fitness kit per benefit year from a variety of fitness categories.
- Healthy Aging Coaching sessions by telephone with a trained coach where you can discuss topics like exercise, nutrition, social isolation, and brain health.
- The Silver&Fit Connected™ tool for tracking your activity.
- Rewards, such as hats and pins, for reaching new milestones.
- Online Healthy Aging classes.
- Online quarterly newsletter.
*Non-standard services that call for an added fee are not part of the Silver&Fit program and will not be reimbursed by Silver&Fit or SCFHP Cal MediConnect Plan.
The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). Silver&Fit, Silver&Fit Signature Series, and Silver&Fit Connected! are trademarks of ASH. Participating facilities and fitness chains may vary by location and are subject to change. Kits and rewards are subject to change.
Talk to your doctor before you start or change your exercise routine.
The Silver&Fit program is open to all SCFHP Cal MediConnect Plan members.
The SCFHP fitness benefit may also be available from other providers. For more information, call SCFHP Cal MediConnect Plan Customer Service.
The following services are not offered:
- Services or supplies provided by any person, company, or provider other than a Silver&Fit participating fitness center
- All education materials other than those produced for the Silver&Fit program by American Specialty Health Incorporated
- Telecommunications devices, telephone handset amplifiers, television recorders, and telephones compatible with hearing aids
- Program services or products for individuals other than the Silver&Fit member
- Prescription drugs, over-the-counter products, dietary supplements, herbal supplements, vitamins, minerals, weight control or tobacco cessation products, meal-replacement beverages or powders, or any other type of food or food product, whether or not it is recommended, prescribed, or supplied by a health care provider, fitness center, or program
- All listening devices including, but not limited to, audiotape and CD players
- Services for members with serious medical conditions for which Silver&Fit services are not appropriate
- Fitness devices and applications that require a fee are not reimbursed by the Silver&Fit program