Quality Improvement Program
Quality is important to us, and that’s why SCFHP has a strong Quality Improvement Program. The purpose of the program is to make sure we constantly improve quality, safety, and satisfaction of care for all of our members.
The Quality Improvement process helps to:
- Identify areas that need improvement for member care and customer service
- Set priorities for review
- Develop effective ways to address the areas to ensure improvement
SCFHP identifies areas that need improvement through the following methods:
- Potential Quality Issues (PQI)
- Quality Improvement Projects (QIP)
- Facility Site Reviews (FSR) and Medical Record Review (MRR)
- Peer Reviews
- Provider Access and Availability Standards
To learn more about the SCFHP’s Quality Improvement Program, read the Quality Improvement Program Description.
Frequently asked questions
Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP) Medi-Cal Provider Performance Program (PPP) was designed to align with our mission to provide high quality, comprehensive healthcare and to close gaps in care for our members.
The PPP is based on a combination of the following measures:
• The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS)
• Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) quality requirements
• SCFHP developed measures
To get more information, read the SCFHP Medi-Cal PPP Technical Specifications.