Choose from the menu on the right or view below to access online resources, tools, and materials for providers. Resources include:
- Provider Manuals for Medi-Cal & Healthy Kids and Cal MediConnect - Tools to help you and your staff most efficiently and effectively work with us. It also provides contact information for reaching SCFHP staff.
- Quick References for Medi-Cal & Healthy Kids and Cal MediConnect - Contain SCFHP contact information and instructions for claims, authorizations, and eligibility.
- Provider Memos
- Provider Training
- Clinical Guidelines
- Initial Health Assessment
- Policies and Procedures
- Submitting a Claim or Dispute
- Information about fraud, waste and abuse and how to report
- Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT)
If you have an idea or suggestion for improving our provider website, or if there is a tool you would like to see online, please e-mail us at: email@example.com,
or call us at 1-408-874-1788.
In order to designate a health care representative in the case of incapacitation, a member must fill out an Advance Health Care Directive form. The directive details the types of treatment a member wishes to receive or avoid, and allows a member to designate a health care agent. The health care agent can make health-related decisions if the member is no longer able to make these decisions. The member’s rights as a SCFHP health plan member apply to this designated health care agent.
Occasionally, your patients may need help from local community services. Please visit our Community Resources page to access descriptions and contact information for local community organizations. This information is provided as a public service. SCFHP is not a sponsor of the organizations or events referenced in Community Resources.
The Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) is the home for education, information, and resources for the health care professional community. The MLN provides access to CMS Program information you need, when you need it, so you can focus more on providing care to your patients.
Serving as the umbrella for a variety of CMS education and communication activities, the MLN offers:
- MLN Educational Products, including MLN Matters® Articles
- MLN Connects® National Provider Call Program (many offer Continuing Education credits)
- MLN Connects® Provider Association Partnerships
- MLN Connects® Provider eNews
- Provider electronic mailing lists
The following resources are provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Learning Network (MLN).
Medical Privacy of Protected Healthy Information - Guide to the latest provisions that strengthen the privacy and security protections for health information established under HIPAA.