Need help in your language?
If you are more comfortable speaking a language other than English, Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP) can help you. Whether you are contacting SCFHP or visiting a doctor, we have interpreters available.
Know your rights
- You can get an in-person or telephone interpreter at no cost to you. This includes sign language.
- When you go to the doctor, interpreters are available 24 hours a day by phone.
- You can ask for SCFHP plan materials in English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
- You can also get written materials in large print, braille, or other formats depending on your needs.
How can you get an interpreter?
When you make an appointment with your doctor's office, tell them you'd like an interpreter. You can ask your doctor's office for an in-person interpreter or an interpreter by phone. For an interpreter by phone, you should be connected within eight (8) minutes.
If you forget to tell your doctor that you need an interpreter, you can also ask us for an in-person interpreter or an interpreter by phone. Call us at least three (3) business days before your scheduled appointment so that we can arrange for one. For some languages, we may need more time to arrange an in-person interpreter. So the more time you give us before your scheduled appointment, the more it helps us to help you.
And if you need translated materials or materials in a different format, call us.
To call Customer Service:
- Medi-Cal and Healthy Kids HMO members, call 1-800-260-2055.
- Cal MediConnect members, call 1-877-723-4795.
TTY users should call 1-800-735-2929 or 711.