Santa Clara Family Health Plan has partnered with HFI to help our Medi-Cal members apply for federal benefits, such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Social Security benefits provide members with tax-free monthly income and resources to improve their basic needs and health.
Frequently Asked Questions
HFI is reaching out to help you apply for Social Security disabilities benefits that you may qualify for. Working with HFI does not mean benefits will be approved but it does help you get through the application process. This service is offered at no cost to you.
Call 1-833-896-6600 to speak to an HFI member advocate. They can be reached Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Members can call the number listed on their letters to disenroll from the HFI program or request to stop receiving letters from HFI.
- HFI staff will ask a set of questions around your health, treatments, work history and ability to perform Activities of Daily Living for possible SSI benefits.
- HFI staff will also ask you personal questions such as DOB, social security number, address, income, and immigration status.
- If you are a candidate for Social Security benefits, a set of forms will be sent to you by mail or via email. These forms allow HFI to legally represent you with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Once the forms have been received, the HFI team will complete the application with you and advocate for you with SSA throughout the entire process.
- Working with HFI does not mean benefits will be approved.
No, HFI is only assisting members through the Social Security application process for possible SSI benefits. We do not assist with enrolling members into Medicare, food stamps, housing or any other State/Federal program at the moment.
Yes, HFI staff is fluent in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, French and Vietnamese. If you need assistance in another language, HFI will use a translator at no cost to you.