Get your flu shot now. Find out how!
The flu (influenza) is a serious disease and can be dangerous, especially for young children and older adults. Flu shots are covered benefit at no cost to you. Flu shots are the best way to prevent the flu and its dangers. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone 6 months and older get the flu shot every year.
Peak flu season in the U.S. is from November to March. An updated flu shot becomes available each fall. Be sure to get your shot early to help prevent the flu for the whole season. Even a late flu shot is better than no flu shot.
If you got your flu shot – good for you! If you haven't had your shot yet, call your doctor to schedule one or go to your pharmacy.
You can get your flu shot at your doctor’s office, even if you are visiting for another reason. You can also get a flu shot at any of these pharmacies in Santa Clara County:
- CVS Pharmacy
- Lucky Pharmacy
- Rite Aid
- Safeway Pharmacy
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy
- Valley Health Center Pharmacies
Remember to call first before visiting.
If you need help finding a flu shot clinic, our Customer Service representatives can help you.
- SCFHP Cal MediConnect members, call 1-877-723-4795 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- SCFHP Medi-Cal members, call 1-800-260-2055 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- TTY users, call 711.
For health questions, call our Nurse Advice Line:
- Medi-Cal members, call toll free 1-877-509-0294 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Cal MediConnect members, call toll free 1-844-803-6962 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Learn more about the flu from SCFHP’s Health Library. For more information about the flu vaccine, visit http://www.vaccineinformation.org/influenza/ or http://www.flu.gov.