Please join us for a free Coordinated Care Initiative (CCI) webinar for physicians
Presented by Gayle Akins, M.S., Outreach Specialist, Harbage Consulting
Topic: Key CCI Information and Updates for Physicians in Santa Clara County
Date: Every 3rd Thursday of the month
Time: 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm PT
Who should attend: Physicians who see patients with Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage, billing staff, administrative staff, and other key staff from your practice.
Webinar topics include:
- CCI Overview: How the CCI changes health care for dual eligible patients (patients -with both Medicare and Medi-Cal coverage) and how it impacts and supports physicians, their practice, and their patients.
- Continuity of Care: How to keep seeing your patients if they join a Cal MediConnect plan and you’re not part of the network.
- Care Coordination: How the CCI can help support physicians in coordinating care for patients and how care coordination benefits dual eligible patients.
- Billing Processes: How billing works under the CCI for patients that join Cal MediConnect and for those who remain in fee-for-service Medicare and join a Medi-Cal plan.
- Updates: How the enrollment process works in Santa Clara, beneficiary experiences in Cal MediConnect health plans, and outreach efforts in Santa Clara County.
The CCI is a program designed to provide coordinated care and extra support for low-income seniors and people with disabilities in California, including those who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal. The CCI is happening in seven counties, Santa Clara, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, and San Mateo, and grew out of research and pilots conducted in California and other states showing that dual eligible individuals can greatly benefit from better coordination of care. Please visit CalDuals.org to learn more and to download our CCI Physician Toolkit.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the webinar.
Gayle Akins, M.S.